Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wanting to dance ballet again at 28?

I started dancing ballet at the age of 3 and danced for 6 years. My last year of dancing at the age of 10, I danced en pointe, danced 5 dances at recital and was also a cast member in Mosilyn Larkin%26#039;s %26quot;The Nutcracker%26quot; and performed for 4 nights. I was in way advanced classes for my age and it was time for me to start scouting a more professional dance school. I quit dancing because of lack of schooling in the area I was living and i started taking gymnastics instead and competed for 10 years. I still have a lot of strength, flexibility and I%26#039;m wanting to know if I can get back into ballet/en pointe, but I%26#039;m 28. I%26#039;m very petite with long arms, legs and short torso - 5%26#039; tall 105 lbs. Is this feasible? If so, where should I start as far as training level? I%26#039;m currently in Tucson and don%26#039;t know where to begin. I%26#039;m willing to do whatever it takes and i understand dancing professionally is out of reach because of my age.





Looking for pro and instuctor opinion/comments please.
Wanting to dance ballet again at 28?
Now, I am sure that there are many professional dance schools that offer adult classes. The dance school that I am currently attending has intermediate-advanced ballet, jazz, etc. classes for parents who want to learn what their children are learning, or simply catching up. The school is called the Edmonton school of ballet, you can check out the website at esbdance.com. Sorry, that%26#039;s the only thing I can think of right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment